My name is Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda. Ladypine is the Hebrew translation of my given name.
You can contact me using the following methods:
I prefer programming, using and administrating Linux.
I am a proud Haifux. I am one of Hamakor's founding members. I used to be on the board during 2005-2006, but I am not even a member anymore.
- My Haifux (and Telux) Lectures are listed on Haifux site.
I have talked about
- I have taken an active part in several Welcome to Linux Events. However, since it is very easy to install Linux nowadays, and since I am tired of missionary talks, my current focus for Haifux is interesting content for the members. I summarized some of the knowledge gathered in the following documents:
- I participated in organizing the August Penguin Conferences,
starting from August Penguin (no number here, as it was the first), where you can
pictures of mine.
- I contribute to the Hebrew Wikipedia
I used to keep several online diaries for different purposes.
The only active blog is livejournal, which describes events and thoughts in my life in English.
- On linmagazine, where I am a fellow editor, I keep a Hebrew column about free software culture.
- On planet.hamakor.org.il you can find the RSS feed of those of my entries on linmagazine, which are relevant to my activity in Hamakor, as well as blogs of other Hamakor active members.
- On advogato
I used to write in English about free software activities.
syscalltrack where I contributed some perl scripting and webmastering.
- make_site - a package I prepared in order to create standard compliant, textual-browser friendly websites with albums of pictures. This version creates a Hebrew site, including a built-in album, using the album tool (which is not free software).
I am the webmaster of haifux.org, Haifa Linux Club site, where I also administer the scheduling of lecturers. I also built the following sites:
Once, I used to be a bookworm.
I am a bookcrosser. I also keep a book wishlist. I arrange book crossing events in Linux and free software events which I participate in organizing.
For that purpose, I wrote a Hebrew Book Crossing Invitation. All this activity is sometimes covered in the newspapers. An article about bookcrossing was published in Yedioth.
I participated in the play
Haifa English Theatre as Ronnie.
PR pics and some more.
I am interested in game theory, and especially in aspects of
game theory regarding scheduling of clusters.
My father is from Tunis, and my mother's parents are from Polland. I started collecting our traditional Tunis Recipes to go with that.
The current ruler of the house is Maud, found on September 11th, 2002, aged about 3 months. She is pretty stupid and a bit crippled.
But she comes right away when she is called or whistled, especially if she is outside.
She is very conversational, which is a trait of
I write because they are there to be written.
The stories are in Hebrew, except for two translations: Ben's cat and RTFM.
- The dentist
- Original version
- The dentist
- The annotated version
- Point of View
- Nesher Motel 2
- Nesher Motel 3
- Cats Go From Left to Right
- Originally written while in a navy base
- Pay Day
- Nesher Motel 4
- In Your Hand
- Orthogonal Reality
- Nesher Motel 5
- My Childhood Ponds
- RTFM and its English translation.
- Beautiful and Sexy
- Yahav's Story
- A worn out Teddy Bear
- For Personal use
- The Dress
- White Estate
- Ben's cat
- Dedicated to Muli Ben Yehuda. Hebrew- Original
- Madam Ohana
- Her Diary
- Dedicated to Ranny Budnik
- Traffic Light
- Stupidity Killed the Cat